Saturday, January 24, 2009

this post is making me hungry.

It has been either one year exactly, or approximately one year since I've updated this. And in this time, my writing skills and lexicon have dropped down to the essentials: subject and verb, an the occasional adjective. It also doesn't help that I'm currently listening to Tim and Eric songs, which is such a HUGE distraction when you're doing anything. In fact, I just spent five minutes staring at my computer screen so I could focus on listening to "Beaver Boys".

Anyway, this morning I decided to play around with the shutter speed on my camera:

There aren't many things that move with much speed at early hours of the morning except our krispy kritters and the ceiling fans...and even the latter had to be turned on since it's been so cold lately.



I think it's about 1.5 seconds, I forgot the aperture.

And then to celebrate our ritualistic smoking of the pork butt, I took some meat photos. Meat is fascinating to me. You can add it to any photo and it instantly livens up the scene. It's quite the conversation starter.





This, of course, being the typical diet in the Mitchell household. Well, that and a 3 pound block of cheese.

And lastly, let us come together to reflect upon this hour of meat, and contemplate it's deliciously tender smokiness.



Go henceforth, my children, with my message of meat, and spread it to the hungered masses, forgiving those in vegetabledom who may not understand thy message.

and what happens to good boys and girls who eat their meat?



That's right!

So I forgot what the point of this entry was.
But I plan on taking more photographs, knitting baby blankets and booties so that my cousin's child will be wearing them until age twenty, and maybe learn a thing or two about these internets.

It's time to make nana puddins.

No comments: