Saturday, October 6, 2007

Fried oreos in West Virginia

I don't exactly know what town I went to today, but it was a good three hour drive from Frederick. The ride was beautiful up in the mountains, and though it looks like the leaves won't change until next week, the poison ivy looked beautifully red. I can't help but feel like West Virginia is the Mexico of the U.S....much like the border towns of Mexico are poor examples of the country's true nature and beauty, the border towns of West Virginia are a sorry example of how lovely the state can be.



They were making apple butter from giant cauldrons. I want a cauldron. I think mom and I are going to help out and make apple butter next year.

A few more pictures I took....









I bought some new 120 film so its Holga time. Hooray!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks like deep fried road kill.