Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Charm City

I have this unavoidable urge to visit every town in every state in America. Today was Baltimore and Annapolis. I've been to them as a child, through the usual elementary school field trips. But its another experience to be completely alone, except for my SLR and my Holga, and wander through the streets at 8 a.m.

I still don't know whether to be sad that I have no one to experience it with, or happy that I don't have anyone to experience it with. I felt both today.

The thing I love about a city is the anonymity. To be able to slip into the crowds, as a complete stranger, and no one cares who you are, what you look like, where you came from. Everyone cares in a small town. Too much.

Here are some pictures I took of both cities as a anonymous observer. I definitely don't claim to be a great photographer, but I manager to have the camera set to manual, at least.






No comments: